Friday, January 30, 2004

I offer up to you this tribute. I offer up to you this tank park salute.

Nobby’s Blues (with apologies to WH Auden)

Stop all the talking, wind up crowd
Band together, sing his name out loud.
Silence the manager and the board too
Overthrow the hierarchy in a black and white coup

Let Alan Oliver write up the crap
Of the Toon PR that falls in his lap
For Nobby has left the fans he adores
Why can this be? What is the cause?

He was my North Stand. My South Stand my East Stand and West,
My Saturday afternoon, Super Sunday and the rest,
My kick off, my half time, my team talk, my song;
I thought he’d stay for ever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now or so it would seem
Pack up the squad and dismantle the team;
If only we’d managed to sell the dead wood,
For nothing now can ever come to any good.



Don't know who Nobby is? Look here.

Love, light and peace,

BykerSink

I saw two shooting stars last night I wished on them but they were only satellites. It's wrong to wish on space hardware. I wish, I wish, I wish you'd care.

colonelkurtz02@hotmail.com