Friday, April 30, 2004

His apologies are tired 'cos he uses them a lot. His excuses are so lame if they were horses they'd be shot..

I should have guessed, but I was blinded.

Blinded by the fact he was Labour.
Blinded by the fact he supported my football team.
Blinded by the fact his constituency is just down the road.
Blinded by his Britpop pals.
Blinded by the fact that for the first time since I was eight, the PM wouldn't be a Tory.

I made excuses for him when friends criticised him. Any negative coverage I blamed on the Tory media. Even his pact with Murdoch I dismissed with a shrug and a "well, if that's what it takes."

Once upon a time, whisper it quietly, I even thought that Mandelson was a political genius. I even tried to ignore it and forgive him, when he said: "We're all Thatcherites now". Ouch. You speak for yourself Mandy.

But I was conned. Tony Blair is no Labour politician and it is time he was gone.

If he is still the leader of the Labour Party by the time the next election comes around then I will not vote for him. Not voting Labour will be hard. Beneath that tacky New Labour veneer is Old Labour, a real party with pride and history.

In the end it took the Iraq war for me to really wise up to Blair. Even then though, right up until the last minute before shock and awe, I thought his toadying was a plan to get close to Dubya in order to reign him in.

But in the end there were no reigns. The more Blair left Bush's actions unchallenged the more the Toxic Texan took advantage. Witness the recent Israeli embarrassment. It has got to the point when Blair and his flunkies are incapable of independant thought.

I want to be able to vote Labour, but I won't if Blair is in charge. It is that simple. I want Blair out and preferably I would like to see Blunkett, Straw, Reid and Hoon to go with him. I'll give Brown and Prescott the benefit of the doubt.

Meanwhile Robin Cooke remains the only high profile Labour MP to come out of the whole Iraq mess with any kind of credit. This is a man who was telling us before we went to war that Iraq has no weapons of mass destruction. Perhaps we should start listening to him.

If Blair stays then I have no idea where my next vote will go. I guess it's likely to come down to either Green or Lib Dem. But, in all honesty, I have no real passion for either party.

So I'm backing the campaigns started simultaneously by UK Today and Bloggerheads. It appears that great minds thinks alike. If you feel the same as I do then go to the sites, get your logo, and link up.

I'm tired of being ashamed of this country. I want a Government that is ethical. That is all I request. I just want a leader who knows the difference between right and wrong.

I want no more sexing up, no more spin, no more of those "I'm almost in tears, how new man am I?" speeches that Blair likes so much.

Most of all I want a leader who has the guts to stand up to the USA, big business and the press.

And I want the old Labour Party back too.


Love, light and peace,

BykerSink

I saw two shooting stars last night I wished on them but they were only satellites. It's wrong to wish on space hardware. I wish, I wish, I wish you'd care.