Sunday, April 11, 2004

Oh you cannot hear me. Can anybody hear me out there?

I'm having a bad day.

Essentially it's because I have flu. I haven't been ill in ages. When I worked in an office I used to get ill all the time but since I switched to working from home I've been fighting fit.

Or, at least I have been till today.

Being stuck in bed, not feeling well, is always guaranteed to bring down your mood. It's very easy to remember the days when you were a kid and your mum would run you a bath. Then while you were washing, she'd change the sheets and make you a hot drink.

When you're grown up life isn't that simple. You can go mad lying in bed. To add to this there's been a home football game today, which I missed. I was supposed to go round to a friends for Easter Sunday lunch too, and I didn't make that either. Although I did provide dessert. I wonder how my trifle was received? How "new man" am I?

So, here I am, sniffling in front of my PC, feeling very sorry indeed for myself. I also have the overwhelming feeling that everyone out there is having a wild time.

It seems hard to believe that it's a week today when I was on top of the world following my VSO training.

I guess you can always guarantee that something is going to knock you off your happy perch. The last post but one will probably explain part of my miserable mood. Since posting it, I must admit, that I am finding if very difficult to write anything in case anyone should have a problem with it. Which is, of course, a ludicrous situation for a blogger.

I suppose I will get over it. But it's far easier writing something that you know only faceless people will read. The beauty of a blog is that it is personal and you shouldn't have to justify it to anyone.

Although, I admit, that is a hopeless ideal.

So please, stick with me. I need to figure out what the hell is happening to this blog. And, in general, I guess with me.

Somehow I also can't help but feel that if Newcastle had beaten Arsenal I would feel so much better.


Love, light and peace,

BykerSink

I saw two shooting stars last night I wished on them but they were only satellites. It's wrong to wish on space hardware. I wish, I wish, I wish you'd care.