Tuesday, June 22, 2004

How can you lie there and think of England? When you don't even know who's in the team?


Glatso - it's taking shape.


Pic from the official site.


Glasto isn't the easiest place to catch up with your mates. There's 150,000 people, getting a signal isn't always easy and besides, your mobile is likely to run out before the end of the weekend.

Last year we hit upon a system. There was a large group of us and others were travelling down at different times and from different places. So we came up with a plan. Nothing concrete and nothing binding but we had places we agreed in advance, should you be watching whatever band in whatever field.

On the Pyramid field we picked out a spot in line with both the sound stage and the speakers. On the "other" field it was just to the left of the sound stage. It meant that had any of us gone for a wander on our own we could normally find something to watch a band with later. But without the hassle and commitment of real plans. Glastonbury is not a place for set-in-stone plans.

Anyway, it worked well, and I've just emailed round a rather nastily drawn plan for out meeting place this year. It's scanned and shown below, so if you can read it, and if you're going and you see a big bloke with a broad brimmed hat on in either of those spots then chances are it's me.


Meeting points.


The general weather forecast seems to be picking up a little bit. It's a glorious day here on Tyneside but the Glastocam doesn't look quite so sparkling as I write. My fingers are still well and truly crossed.

I set off bright and early tomorrow, but I shall try and do a quick blog either in the small hours before I sleep or early doors before I set off.

If I don't, for whatever reason, then make sure those of you who are going have a blinder. Those of you who aren't can check out the TV coverage (see a few posts down for details) and you can sit there green with envy.

Today's Glasto Links

1. Gallaghers in shock sibbling rivalry.
2. Coppers on bikes.
3. Weather's starting to look a little more optimistic.
4. Has Glasto lost its spirit?
5. Veggie food.
6. Rooney Roadshow comes to Glasto.
7. Alphabetical listings with times.
8. Catch a film.
9. Recharge your phone.
10. Don't forget ID for your tickets.

Finally, if you would like something to argue about. What's do you reckon the best bet is - stick to the main fields and watch the big names. Or move around and see the smaller, wilder acts and various curiosities around the site?


Love, light and peace,

BykerSink

I saw two shooting stars last night I wished on them but they were only satellites. It's wrong to wish on space hardware. I wish, I wish, I wish you'd care.