Tuesday, July 13, 2004

I can take the killing, I can take the slaughter. But I don't talk to Sun reporters.




Okay, here's a quiz. Which of all the news networks in five different countries (including the UK and USA), gave the least amount of time to opponents of the war?

Fox?

No.

CNN?

No.

Sky News?

No.

Give up?

You'll find the answer here in a fascinating and superb article from today's Guardian.

Just remember this. We're constantly told about the importance of democracy. As no WMDs have been unearthed, the argument for the war in Iraq has shifted towards humanitary reasons and all that Dubya blurb about freedom.

Well, a democracy only works if the population has the information needed to make their own decisions about who to vote for and when to give their government a hard time. If we don't have that information then there is no democracy. Instead the disinformation we are fed leads only to voters repeating their mistakes time and time again.

Just a thought - if the Butler report does paint the Government as whiter than white once more, will we read about it first in The Sun?



Love, light and peace,

BykerSink

I saw two shooting stars last night I wished on them but they were only satellites. It's wrong to wish on space hardware. I wish, I wish, I wish you'd care.